Another fun meeting which started out with our Chairperson, Marie-Chantal Côté, introducing a first for the club … a wonderful Moment of SLAM POETRY! Thanks, Dumindra Kandana Arachchige for your beautiful words.
Rick Chandler, our Toastmaster, led an exciting educational session which started with the following speakers:
- Bonnie Mak – Professional Speaker #2, Speaking to Entertain – “Miss Mika & the Egg” … a very funny and entertaining PowerPoint presentation of her very much-loved kitties … no, Bonnie is not a Crazy Cat Lady … yet
- Giridhar Raghunathan – Storytelling # 2: Let’s Get Personal – “To Dance with Passion” … and dance passionately he did, indeed!
Pierre LeBlanc, then brought us into a challenging THINK FAST! Session and made us use our emotions in our responses. Looking forward to this exercise coming back!
Great speech evaluations by Rick Chandler, Geoff Brown, and Samuel Laplante, followed by an on-point round-robin for each speaker led by our enthusiastic GE, Artem Ploujnikov. Then onto a thorough report by our Grammarian, Epitace Nobera. Filling up the piggy bank with fines for using crutch words is a difficult task, since we’re advanced speakers! Jeff Pedersen, our Advanced Timer, topped up the Coaching Session with a helpful timing report.
All in all, another amusing session … Most Enthusiastic went to Giridhar Raghunathan, no surprise there. Thanks Giri for such a fun dance demo!
- Gaétane Ferland, for attaining her DTM
- Bonnie Mak, (and her assistants, Artem Ploujnikov and Tim Halderson), for her workshop “Think Faster! Table Topics with a Twist” presented at the District 61 Fall Conference
- Rick Chandler, for WINNING the Evaluation Speech Contest at the District 61 Fall Conference