AWESOMENESS happened today!
- Giridhar Raghunathan got inducted as a member of Beyond Words.
- Dorval City Toastmasters became our official parent club sponsor, yaay! Dorval is my home club … so nice that several of my peeps came out to support us, Joseph Sohmer, Cindy Chan, and Jag Shastry. We hope that more Dorval members will come visit!
- Cindy almost made us cry with a toast based on her interpretative reading of “In Flanders Fields,” so moving … then thankfully, Jag made us laugh afterwards with his Moment of Humour.
- Rick Chandler presented a speech he is preparing for the upcoming “Moth Story Slam” in Burlington, VT … he is such an amazing storyteller.
- Gaetane Ferland presented her fun icebreaker “Hum … interesting.” Having completed her DTM, she’s starting all over again with her CC, and she’s almost finished another CL!
- Kudos to a great Coaching Session led by our General Evaluator, Artem Ploujnikov. Wonderful in-depth evaluations by Joseph, Bonnie (me), Rick, and David Galipeau, followed by an informative round-robin evaluation. Congrats to our first-timers to these roles: Advanced Timer, Aymen Sakka, and Grammarian, Giridhar … there are no simple roles at Beyond Words.
- Challenging Think Fast! session led by me … This Table Topics drill included starting with a captivating opening, then concluding by tying that thought back in.
- Most Enthusiastic went to Sapandeep Randhawa, who was our very energetic Toastmaster. Very funny how he asked us to vote for him at the end of the meeting … but it worked!
All in all, another wonderful meeting of sharing and learning.
Next up on many of our member’s agendas … the District 61 Fall Conference Nov 11-12-13:
- Rick will be competing in both the Humorous Speech and Evaluation Speech contests … Rick will ROCK!
- I will also be presenting a fun workshop, “Think Faster! Table Topics with a Twist,” based on concepts we play with at Beyond Words. Our wonderful VP Education, Artem Ploujnikov, will be assisting. And Tim Halderson, past District Logistics Manager, will be our SAA.
Fun abounds … See you soon!